Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Produces additional revenue for the dealership by selling finance and insurance programs and other appropriate after-sale items to new- and used-vehicle guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sells financing, service contracts and accessories to guests.
- Provides guests with thorough explanation of aftermarket products and extended warranties.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with several finance sources, including the manufacturer.
- Processes finance and lease deals accurately and fairly through financial sources to secure approval.
- Conducts business in an ethical and professional manner.
- Processes all federal, state, and dealer paperwork related to vehicle transaction.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect the new- and used-vehicle and finance departments.
- Completes paperwork necessary for vehicle sales and leases in a timely and efficient manner.
- Checks all paperwork for correct title, lien information, taxes, etc., before forwarding to accounting.
- Acquires and maintains current state insurance license, completing continuing credit insurance education as needed.
- Provides guests with complete explanation of manufacturer and dealership service procedures and policies.
- Seeks new lending institutions to secure competitive interest rates and finance programs continually.
- Manages the alternative finance source program to ensure that several sources are available.
- Seeks insurance companies for insurance paper.
- Maintains insurance files.
- Sets up and maintains a program which will ensure 100 percent turnover to the F&I department.
- Provides sales force and sales managers with current information about finance and lease programs continually.
- Trains the sales staff regarding the benefits of financing, insurance and extended service programs.
- Works with sales managers to secure a reasonable profit from every sale.
- Coordinates finance forecasting with sales department forecasting to achieve desired levels of penetration and income.
- Ensures collection of all finance and insurance fees.
- Takes all credit applications.
- Prepares reports on finance penetration.
- Works closely with general sales manager to establish sales department goals and objectives and ensures that they are achieved.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Handles all rate quotations.
- Develops and monitors guidelines for working with guests to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- Processes salespersons' "end of month" commission sheets for accounting office payroll.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
State Sales License
Valid Driver's License