Cashier/Receptionist - BMW Sacramento
Provides administrative and clerical support to the Service Department in the capacity as outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reports to work with a positive attitude, on time and ready to work.
Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
Maintains a professional appearance.
Keeps work area neat and clean.
• Greets customers at the cashier window in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Computes customer bills.
• Receives cash, checks and credit card payments from customers; records amount received.
• Makes change and issues receipts to customers.
• Provides refunds or credit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise or as directed by managers.
• Reconciles cash drawer daily.
• Answers customer questions about service performed or products purchased, or refers them to someone who can.
• Handles customer complaints with integrity and poise and, when necessary, refers dissatisfied customers to the appropriate individuals for resolution.
• Provides clerical and secretarial assistance to departments as needed.
• Acts as backup to switchboard operator.
• Assists in the filing process.
• Answer and route all incoming calls to the proper pon.
• Communicate with callers in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, while striving to minimize the time they are on hold.
• Take thorough messages, indicating the caller’s name, company if applicable, the time and message the caller wishes to leave.
• Communicate messages to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
• Provide basic information to callers who have general inquiries.
• Assist business office with miscellaneous duties, when time allows.
• Notify telephone maintenance Company of switchboard difficulties.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Independently motivated with the ability to work within a team environment.
Excellent customer service/satisfaction skills.
Organized and computer proficient.