Detailer - Volvo
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Cleaning of vehicles and maintaining entire dealership appearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows, and wipes down doorjambs.
- Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surface.
- Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Cleans upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using appropriate cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Applies revitalizers and preservation agents to interior vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot- and stain-resistant chemicals.
- Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following product manufacturer's recommendations.
- Controls service traffic flow and parking for the Service Department.
- Maintains a clean and safe service drive area, free of dirt, water, leaves, snow, etc.
- Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents.
- Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation.
- Uses proper eye, hand, and body protection when using products that require protection.
- Fills vehicle with fuel.
- Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
- Maintains showroom and stock vehicles in clean and presentable condition at all times.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Empties garbage into designated areas.
- Opens lot for business.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Independently motivated with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent customer service/satisfaction skills.
- Professional appearance
- Clean DMV.