Sales Manager - The Niello Company
Assumes responsibility for customer retention and profitability in the new- and used-vehicle profit centers. Fulfills responsibilities primarily through effective personnel management, knowledge of market potential, established performance standards, and a keen awareness of each department's break-even data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual dealership forecast by projecting unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profits for the new- and used-sales departments.
- Meets with sales managers (new and used) to establish annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profit.
- Ensures that sales managers (new and used) understand dealership policies, procedures, and sales systems.
- Works with dealer and general manager to determine appropriate days supply for new and used vehicles and orders/acquires vehicle inventory accordingly.
- Establishes standards for displaying, merchandising, and maintaining new and used vehicles.
- Establishes procedures for quick disposal of over-aged vehicles.
- Issues all demonstrators and ensures that appropriate dealership records are maintained.
- Checks the condition of all demonstrators monthly.
- Audits repair orders for used vehicles as needed to ensure prompt reconditioning.
- Meets with the general manager to review monthly forecasts, commission sheets, productivity reports, and the profit performance of each department as a whole and each salesperson individually.
- Studies local market conditions, demographics, and past sales history. Makes recommendations to the general manager regarding short- and long-range advertising plans, sales promotions, staffing needs, lease promotions, and compensation plans.
- Conducts major sales promotions and advertising as needed (i.e., used car classifieds, large new display ads, radio, etc.).
- Approves all sales incentives in writing before submitting to the office.
- Addresses customer complaints to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Creates systems that ensure ongoing sales training, including weekly sales meetings.
- Audits all appraisals of trade-in vehicles. Attends auction as required.
- Reviews and initials all deals before they are posted.
- Facilitates new-vehicle pre-delivery with the service manager.
- Makes sure facility is secure, well lit, and professional in appearance.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
Directly supervises employees in the Sales Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
Interviewing and hiring in accordance with The Niello Company's Policies & Procedures.
Training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; counseling and coaching employees.
Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, spreadsheets, marketing analysis, etc. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
State Sales License
Valid Driver's License