Service Advisor - Niello Volkswagen
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Writes up customer's vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refers to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes "promised time." Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate. Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date. Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Maintenance of customer information in accordance with current regulations.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Dependability; Prepared for work on time.
- Keeps work area clean.
Physical Requirements (surroundings)
- Spend time indoors in air-conditioned areas and outdoors as required.
- Sitting on a regular basis.
- Standing on a regular basis.
- Walking on a regular basis.
- Bending, twisting and/or stooping infrequently.
- Kneeling and/or Squatting infrequently.
- Infrequently Reaching and/or lifting overhead.
- Infrequently Climbing stairs.
- Repetitive hand/finger movement on a regular basis.
- Grasping/grabbing with hands infrequently.
- Pushing and Pulling.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to meet company’s production and quality standards.
WHY JOIN THE NIELLO TEAM?
To be Northern California’s leading automobile dealer for the products we represent.
We are committed to providing distinctive automotive products and exceptional service while treating our customers and employees with unyielding integrity.
Our Core Values
We are a team
We respect each other
We encourage self-improvement
We hold high expectations
We embrace change
We enthusiastically value our customer
We support our community
We offer Comprehensive Benefits and Perks such as:
- Kaiser HMO, Sutter Health Plus HMO, Western Health Advantage HMO and HRA plans
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Vision & Dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Discounts on Company Products and Services
VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK
The Niello Company has been recognized by Automotive News an incredible 26 times in their annual look at the Top 100 Best Dealerships To Work For. The Niello Company is proud to have had nine dealerships on this list since the inception of the program, many of which are multi-year and back-to-back recipients. The Niello Company has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work multiple times by the Sacramento Business Journal.