Service Assistant - Acura
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows, and wipes down doorjambs.
- Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents.
- Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation.
- Uses proper eye, hand, and body protection when using products that require protection.
- Fills vehicle with fuel.
- Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
- Maintains showroom and stock vehicles in clean and presentable condition at all times. Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Uses buffer to detail vehicles.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Empties garbage into designated areas.
- Opens lot for business and closes lot when closing. Keeps service drive clear and clean at all times.
- Cleans customer lounge area and coffee area at all times.
- Maintains appearance of entire lot.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Parks vehicles in accordance with policy and under direction of Sales/Marketing to ensure that the lot is attractive to potential buyers.
- Assist Sales and Service Staff in moving vehicles to ensure efficient dealership operations.
- Responsible for adding and maintaining key tags and window stickers on all lot vehicles
- Drives vehicles to other dealerships for 'dealer swaps' or to other vendors as requested.
- May pick-up or deliver customers as requested using dealership vehicles.