HR Administrative Assistant
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
The HR Administrative Assistant will support the clerical administration of the Human Resources department to ensure adherence to the dealership's personnel, compliance policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in the HR field Preferred
- Driver’s License
- High School Diploma (Preferred)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Post/Remove Job Ads internally and externally for all dealerships
- Recruiting/hiring through HRIS; Review applications and other required documents to recruit, interview, screen qualified employees to fill vacant positions, as necessary.
- Coordinate full cycle pre-employment screenings (background, reference, drug, insurability, and physical ability tests for technicians)
- Prepare New Employee Orientation Packets and coordinate Orientation (i.e., reserving conference rooms, scheduling new hires, coordinating with payroll, etc.)
- Facilitate new employee orientation to include the following: Prepare/review new hire packets, train new hires in proper timekeeping procedures/expectations and assist with basic system navigation (UKG), provide online benefit admin overview (PlanSource), execute all electronic onboarding document acknowledgements and required trainings.
- Coordinate and serve as the primary contact for Career fairs and recruiting events.
- Assist in maintaining complete employee files including individual personnel files and records of insurance coverage, hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, workers; compensation files and any other employee related information or documentation required by government
- Prepare written job descriptions and pay plans for all positions and plan procedures for routine employee evaluation.
- Draft correspondence, file and copy documents as directed
- Assist in drafting documents for employee actions
- Return phone calls, gather information as necessary for the Human Resources Director
- Conduct VOE (verification of employment).
- Support HR Department as needed.
- Complete task/work as directed by any owner or Officer and the HR Director or Controller.
- Assist employees in various types of information relating to many different areas to include such items as policy and benefits at the direction of the HR Director.
- Assist the Controller or CFO as directed
- Daily back-up reception at front desk for lunch and as needed
- Survey dealership personnel for information as directed
- Compile surveyed information into spreadsheets
- Assist with the tracking/maintenance of compliance training
- Devote himself/herself to ensuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company's business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SURROUNDINGS)
- Spend time outdoors in the weather and elements.
- Spend time indoors in air-conditioned areas.
- Sitting on a regular basis
- Standing on a regular basis
- Walking on a regular basis
- Bending, twisting and/or stooping infrequently
- Kneeling and/or Squatting infrequently
- Infrequently Reaching and/or lifting overhead
- Infrequently Climbing stairs
- Repetitive hand/finger movement on a regular basis
- Grasping/grabbing with hands infrequently
- Pushing and Pulling
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to meet company’s production and quality standards.
- Basic Technology Skills (Email, Microsoft Office, Mobile Device etc.)
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. The Company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time with or without notice.
WHY JOIN THE NIELLO TEAM?
To be Northern California’s leading automobile dealer for the products we represent.
We are committed to providing distinctive automotive products and exceptional service while treating our customers and employees with unyielding integrity.
Our Core Values
We are a team
We respect each other
We encourage self-improvement
We hold high expectations
We embrace change
We enthusiastically value our customer
We support our community
We offer Comprehensive Benefits and Perks such as:
Kaiser HMO, Sutter Health Plus HMO, Western Health Advantage HMO and HRA plans
401(k) with Company Match
Vision & Dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life and AD&D
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Discounts on Company Products and Services
VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK
The Niello Company has been recognized by Automotive News an incredible 26 times in their annual look at the Top 100 Best Dealerships To Work For. The Niello Company is proud to have had nine dealerships on this list since the inception of the program, many of which are multi-year and back-to-back recipients. The Niello Company has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work multiple times by the Sacramento Business Journal.