Car Detailer - Jaguar Land Rover Sacramento
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Independently motivated with the ability to work within a team environment.
• Excellent customer service/satisfaction skills.
• Organized and computer proficient.
• Clean DMV.
• High School Diploma (Preferred)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows, and wipes down doorjambs.
• Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
• Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following product manufacturer's recommendations.
• Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation.
• Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery, and painted surfaces.
• Uses proper eye, hand, and body protection when using products that require protection.
• Maintains shop in clean and presentable condition at all times.
• Parks cars as directed by Service Manager.
• Orders shop supplies as necessary.
• Keeps work area neat and clean.
• Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
• Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
• Maintains tools and keeps equipment clean and in a proper state of repair.
• Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
• Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports
• Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
• Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect Service Department operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
• Reports to work with a positive attitude, on time and ready to work.
• Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
• Maintains professional appearance.
• Devote himself/herself to ensuring satisfaction to customers.
• Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
• Attend company meetings as required.
• Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
• Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
• Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
• Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
• Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company's business.
• Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
• Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
• Participate in performance management.
• Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
• Uphold the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
• Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SURROUNDINGS)
• Spend time outdoors in the weather and elements.
• Spend time indoors in air-conditioned areas.
• Sitting on a regular basis
• Standing on a regular basis
• Walking on a regular basis
• Bending, twisting and/or stooping infrequently
• Kneeling and/or Squatting infrequently
• Infrequently Reaching and/or lifting overhead
• Infrequently Climbing stairs
• Repetitive hand/finger movement on a regular basis
• Grasping/grabbing with hands infrequently
• Pushing and Pulling
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
• Professional personal appearance.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to meet company’s production and quality standards.
• Basic Technology Skills (Email, Microsoft Office, Mobile Device etc.)
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. The Company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time with or without notice.
WHY JOIN THE NIELLO TEAM?
To be Northern California’s leading automobile dealer for the products we represent.
We are committed to providing distinctive automotive products and exceptional service while treating our customers and employees with unyielding integrity.
Our Core Values
We are a team
We respect each other
We encourage self-improvement
We hold high expectations
We embrace change
We enthusiastically value our customer
We support our community
We offer Comprehensive Benefits and Perks such as:
Kaiser HMO, Sutter Health Plus HMO, Western Health Advantage HMO and HRA plans
401(k) with Company Match
Vision & Dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life and AD&D
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Discounts on Company Products and Services
VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK
The Niello Company has been recognized by Automotive News an incredible 26 times in their annual look at the Top 100 Best Dealerships To Work For. The Niello Company is proud to have had nine dealerships on this list since the inception of the program, many of which are multi-year and back-to-back recipients. The Niello Company has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work multiple times by the Sacramento Business Journal.