Automotive Technician - MINI Sacramento
We are looking for an experienced Technician to join our world-class team.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
The Technician functions as a skilled-level Technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, on numerous makes and models, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair. In addition, the Technician completes all work assigned by the supervisor, manager or shop foreman.
- All skills/experience levels are welcome to apply
- High School Diploma (Preferred)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause and malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on repair order.
- Road test vehicle when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Attends training classes and departmental meetings.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports to work with a positive attitude, on time and ready to work.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SURROUNDINGS)
- Spend time outdoors in the weather and elements.
- Spend time indoors in air-conditioned areas.
- Sitting on a regular basis
- Standing on a regular basis
- Walking on a regular basis
- Bending, twisting and/or stooping infrequently
- Kneeling and/or Squatting infrequently
- Lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs
- Infrequently Reaching and/or lifting overhead
- Infrequently Climbing stairs
- Repetitive hand/finger movement on a regular basis
- Grasping/grabbing with hands infrequently
- Pushing and Pulling
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to meet company’s production and quality standards.
- Basic Technology Skills (Email, Microsoft Office, Mobile Device etc.)
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. The Company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time with or without notice.
WHY JOIN THE NIELLO TEAM?
To be Northern California’s leading automobile dealer for the products we represent.
We are committed to providing distinctive automotive products and exceptional service while treating our customers and employees with unyielding integrity.
Our Core Values
We are a team
We respect each other
We encourage self-improvement
We hold high expectations
We embrace change
We enthusiastically value our customer
We support our community
We offer Comprehensive Benefits and Perks such as:
Kaiser HMO, Sutter Health Plus HMO, Western Health Advantage HMO and HRA plans
401(k) with Company Match
Vision & Dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life and AD&D
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Discounts on Company Products and Services
VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK
The Niello Company has been recognized by Automotive News an incredible 26 times in their annual look at the Top 100 Best Dealerships To Work For. The Niello Company is proud to have had nine dealerships on this list since the inception of the program, many of which are multi-year and back-to-back recipients. The Niello Company has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work multiple times by the Sacramento Business Journal.