Parts Counterperson - BMW Elk Grove
Elk Grove, CA
Parts Counterperson - BMW Elk Grove
- BMW and CDK experience required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet company's production and quality standards.
- Surroundings - spend time indoors in air-conditioned areas.
- Sitting on a regular basis
- Standing on a regular basis
- Walking on a regular basis
- Bending, twisting and/or stooping on a regular basis
- Kneeling and/or Squatting on a regular basis
- Lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Reaching and/or lifting overhead on a regular basis
- Climbing stairs
- Repetitive hand/finger movement on a regular basis
- Grasping/grabbing with hands on a regular basis
- Pushing and Pulling on a regular basis
- Devote himself/herself to insuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
- Take and fill orders for service technicians promptly and efficiently, helping service technicians as needed to determine which parts and accessories are required for each job.
- Communicate with the service technicians to verify that your department is meeting their parts and accessories requirements.
- Make suggestions when appropriate regarding specific parts and accessories that may be needed for each job.
- Provide information regarding the associated cost of parts required on repair orders.
- Keep inventory control system and parts catalogue up to date.
- Inform service personnel when back ordered or special order parts are received.
- Accept and follow through on lawful directions from supervisors.
- Be polite and friendly, greet customers promptly and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Actively seek and obtain a thorough knowledge of parts history, merchandise and automobile service. Be able to communicate this knowledge.
- Work with the parts and accessories manager and aid in reaching set goals for profitability and sales of parts and accessories.
- Work with multiple customers at once if needed while still providing individual customer satisfaction.
- Keep customer mailing lists up to date.
- Work with customers to determine parts and accessories needs and explore merchandise in catalogues. Draw attention to any new merchandise, specials, and sales, as well as suggest supplementary products that may supplement the customer’s initial purchase.
- Conduct telephone transactions courteously and promptly. Inform customers and dealership staff when appropriate regarding any new merchandise, specials and sales.
- Deal with customer complaints in a sensible manner by showing empathy and a pleasant attitude to show our commitment to excellent customer service and to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Be precise in all cash register transactions, taking accurate credit card and cash payments for purchases.
- In accepting delivery of and processing merchandise from distributors, verify merchandise according to purchase invoice and record merchandise into inventory. Prepare the product for presentation on the showroom floor.
- Make sure that the merchandise displays are dusted, clean, fully stocked, and appealing to customers.
- Become proficient and familiar with computer systems necessary for parts and accessories management.
- Periodically carry out physical inventory of merchandise.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with estimate.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies Parts Manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Pulls orders for delivery to body shop, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes inventory from overstock as needed.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice (including credits).
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase price can be verified.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick up.
- Solicits wholesale accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the Parts Manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Daily attendance is essential.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Assists in preparing for and performing annual parts inventory.
- Additional duties required.
- Receive cash, checks and credit card payments from customers and record amount received.