Parts Counterperson/Shipping & Receiving - Maserati of Sacramento
Parts Counterperson/Shipping & Receiving - Niello Maserati/Alfa Romeo
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with estimate.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies Parts Manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Pulls orders for delivery to body shop, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes inventory from overstock as needed.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice (including credits).
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase price can be verified.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick up.
- Solicits wholesale accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the Parts Manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Assists in preparing for and performing annual parts inventory.
Shipping & Receiving
- Ensures that we receive all products that are listed on vendor packing slips.
- Ensures that part numbers on the parts match part numbers on the packing slips.
- Documents any error in deliveries.
- Ensures that all backorder parts are documented and filed.
- Ensures that all customer parts are stored in correct special order bins (S.O.B.).
- Ensures that all parts that need to be shipped are shipped out that day.
- Checks in all returns from U.P.S. and other shipping companies.
- Ensures that work area is kept neat and clean, and back area is neat and clean.
- Ensures that all cardboard is broken down and in dumpster daily.
- Ensures that all C.O.D. shipments are received and signed by office.
- Helps parts stocker when time permits
Requires common sense, basic computer skills, strong work ethics, excellent phone skills, 2-4 years’ experience in the field, and must be able to perform and complete a variety of tasks. Must also be able to maintain a professional personal appearance and work well in a team environment.