Technician - Acura
Technician - Niello Acura
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Completes all work assigned by the supervisor, manager or shop foreman. Functions as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, on numerous makes and models, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/REQUIRMENTS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause and malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on repair order.
- Road test vehicle when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Attends training classes and departmental meetings.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports to work with a positive attitude, on time and ready to work.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Driver’s License
- Clean DMV
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to meet company’s production and quality standards.
WHY JOIN THE NIELLO TEAM?
To be Northern California’s leading automobile dealer for the products we represent.
We are committed to providing distinctive automotive products and exceptional service while treating our customers and employees with unyielding integrity.
Our Core Values
We are a team
We respect each other
We encourage self-improvement
We hold high expectations
We embrace change
We enthusiastically value our customer
We support our community
We offer Comprehensive Benefits and Perks such as:
- Kaiser HMO, Sutter Health Plus HMO, Western Health Advantage HMO and HRA plans
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Vision & Dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Discounts on Company Products and Services
VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK
The Niello Company has been recognized by Automotive News an incredible 26 times in their annual look at the Top 100 Best Dealerships To Work For. The Niello Company is proud to have had nine dealerships on this list since the inception of the program, many of which are multi-year and back-to-back recipients. The Niello Company has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work multiple times by the Sacramento Business Journal.