Service Manager - Audi
Runs an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records. Ensures that the daily inventory of technician's time is consistently sold to service customers.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
- Insure excellent customer handling, including quick resolution to any customer complaints to the customer’s satisfaction and within Company guidelines.
- Maintain CSI ratings as provided by the factory or measured through other sources.
- Holds weekly department meetings.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Attends managers’ meetings.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
Manages subordinate employees in the Service Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, gained through education and experience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra..
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License