Technician - Porsche
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Completes all work assigned by the supervisor, manager or shop foreman. Functions as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, on numerous makes and models, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/REQUIRMENTS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause and malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on repair order.
- Road test vehicle when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Attends training classes and departmental meetings.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports to work with a positive attitude, on time and ready to work.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
Smog Certification a plus but not required